All the latest Irish news, breaking news,
golf equipment and golf tuition
Leona Maguire slipped further down the leaderboard after carding a level par round, which contained one bogey and one birdie at the Symetra Tour Championship on the Jones Course at LPGA International.
The Cavan native currently lies tied 37th on 5 under for the tournament but more importantly lies tied seventh in the Volvik Race for a Card. According to projections from the Symetra Tour below, Maguire should finish 7th and earn her LPGA card for the coming season and that's the prize she has been working towards all season.
With one round to go, Maguire is almost certain to be teeing it up with the best players in the ladies game next season, as she embarks on what will be an incredible LPGA Tour journey.
Surely the powers that be will see that now is the time to bring back the Ladies Irish Open.
The battle in the Volvik Race for the Card top-10 is as heated as ever with only half the LPGA Tour cards secured for 2019. Below is a projection of the top-10 based on the current Symetra Tour Championship leaderboard, along with each individual’s projected season money total.
1. Perrine Delacour (Paris, France) - $124,172
2. Patty Tavatanakit (Bangkok, Thailand) - $117,903
3. Ssu-Chia Cheng (Taipei, Chinese Taipei) - $99,507
4. Jillian Hollis (Rocky River, Ohio) - $98,060
5. Jenny Coleman (Rolling Hills Estates, California) - $96,735
6. Julieta Granada (Asuncion, Paraguay) - $92,625
7. Leona Maguire (County Cavan, Ireland) - $92,173
8. Robynn Ree (Redondo Beach, California) - $88,839
9. Esther Lee (Los Alamitos, California) - $85,642
10. Mind Muangkhumsakul (Banphai, Thailand) - $81,046
11. Min Seo Kwak (Seoul, Republic of Korea) - $73,052
12. Kyung Kim (Chandler, Arizona) - $71,310